Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dramatic B&W [ Week 13 - I heart faces challenge ]







This is Elizabeth and Justin. I choose this photo for this week's I heart faces challenge.(http://www.iheartfaces.com/) I think it's dramatic on it's own, fresh out of the camera. From the way he's holding her so tight, to the look on his face, to the tattoos that seem to fit perfectly together when he's holding her that way. My first edit of one of these shots from this session I decided to do in color. I liked the vibrant colors of the tattoos, so I thought it was important to show that in the image. When I saw this week's challenge my mind went back to this photo, and I thought maybe just maybe it would be even MORE powerful in just black and white. and I think I was right:) I really love this image in black and white, with the dramatic lines. I feel like it draws you into the moment more, the heart and soul of the moment. Oh how I love shooting people in LOVE! This is my first I heart faces challenge, but I look foward to more! This was fun! and I'm all about finding ways to learn more about myself as an artist. Sometimes doing things from another perspective, or a diffferent point of view can really inspire new internal growth. We can learn so much from each other, if we just open up our minds, the possibilities are endless.

Carrie

12 comments:

  1. This is one of my faves definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! I love intricate tattoos! :) I also love how you can feel the love coming through in a photo!

    Great Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really beautiful picture Carrie. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! It has such an intimate feeling to it, fabulous choice for your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers...the tattoos are the highlights of the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was made for b&w conversion! What a stunning, emotional photo... LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the light in this image - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, this is a very powerful picture in black and white. Love it!

    ReplyDelete