Monday, March 29, 2010

Wish Upon a Wedding



Mission
Wish Upon a Wedding is dedicated to granting weddings and/or civil union ceremonies at destinations across the United States to couples who are facing terminal illness.

Vision
By giving the gift of a dream wedding, we are able to grant some of the most intimate and heartfelt wishes of these people’s lives, and help them share this important day with close family members.

Purpose
Our foundation was created to celebrate the courage, determination and spirit of these couples by granting their dream wedding wishes. Our hope is that chosen recipients can inspire others couples facing similar situations to find hope and strength.











Photographer Friends out there I invite you to help out this cause. Videographers, Florist, Vendors of all kinds are needed. I think this is a beautiful way to give these people a little bit of happiness in a time of so much heart break and sorrow.

"Put a little light in the darkest places, Put a little smile on the saddest faces."

You can make a difference in this world! This organization is just starting out and could use all the support it can get. I hope you all check it out and see how you can help! and I would love to start a chapter in my area so if you live in the central florida area and are interested in helping out or even better getting on the Board of Directors for the chapter in our area. The "President" will need prior board experience. This is possible to find though! and not just for here for everywhere! So spread the word and let's give some AMAZING Weddings to some AMAZING people who definitely deserve to shine.

You can find everything you need to know here:
http://wishuponawedding.org/



I was so touched by the video above, it brought me to tears. Life is so precious and we take our time on this earth for granted. We aren't promised tomorrow. and for that reason I want to find ways to help people now. I would be honored to be able to be a part of this organization in the future! But just knowing it's out there warms my heart. One again, another example of how important photos are. A photograph may not seem like a big deal to some, and may not feel that important at the time it's taken. But as years go by, and loved ones pass away, those photos will be memories that you can hold in your hand. A little piece of that moment in time that lives on. I could never say it enough, that this is much more than just a job to me. Making a difference in someone's life, even if it's just one person, is the greatest accomplishment you can ever achieve!

Well, I think that's all for now. Lots of editing and planning on my end right now. BUT it's a good TV night and I'm making breakfast for dinner:)  Have a nice Monday evening Friends:)

Carrie


2 comments:

  1. I knew you would be Jenn:) How about the video of Beth and Nick? to know you could be a part of touching someones life in such a huge way. to give them such a special gift. in the video Nick said THEY were thankful! That just stuck out in my mind and really made me realize how great this gift is. What incredibly strong and inspiring people, they deserve to have the BEST WEDDING EVER!

    ReplyDelete